List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: is Lyx, technically, GNU software?
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2000-04-04 17:22:47

On 4 Apr 2000, Paul D. Smith wrote:

>   mk> AFAIK there is no sinlge linux distribution left which does not ship
>   mk> Qt-2.x. (Even Debian does)
>
> Interesting.  Of course Debian has always provided Qt in the "non-free"
> area, but it's hard to justify it as a "system library", just because
> it's possible to install it.  What category is Qt 2.x in?

http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/devel/libqt2-dev.html

Qt-2.x is in the general distribution because it qualifies as Open Source
Software and complies with the Debian DFSG.

> Whatever.  We're definitely getting off the subject.  I don't see there
> can be any argument about whether xforms is a "system library" or not,
> and that's all that's relevant (if that even is) on this list. :)

Well, there is a version of LyX dubbed klyx which uses Qt and KDE
libraries instead of the binary only xforms library.

Regards,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Stauffenbergstr. 107, 72074 Tuebingen, Germany  //
KDE:  The most advanced GUI for a reliable OS.