List:       lyx-users
Subject:    kIllustrator
From:       Wolfgang Engelmann <wolfgang.engelmann () uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-10-30 8:55:24

I once posted the question, how to insert figures made with the vector graphics
program KIllustrator (produces figure.kil) and exported as .eps files into a
lyx file. The problem was that they are not posted at the corresponding place
in the  .dvi or .ps file. Instead they appear in the left upper corner on top of
the text there. This problem was known to the KIllustrator author
(http://wwwiti.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~sattler/killustrator-bw.html). It is
apparently a QT problem. The workaround proposed is to insert the figure
`graphics´ with a clip-flag in this form:
\epsfig{file=graphics.eps, width=9cm,clip=}
However I don´t know how to insert the placement option [htb]. I tried some
possibilities and checked Kopka, Latex and Goosen et al , Latex companion
but found no hint. Without is it is placed at the end of a chapter, which I
do not want. Does anybody know how to do it?
-- Wolfgang Engelmann
Physiologische "Okologie der Pflanzen Institut f"ur Botanik Universit"at
T"ubingen Auf der Morgenstelle 1 D72076 TUEBINGEN (Germany) Tel 07071-29-76162
privat 07071-68324 or 68325 Fax 07071-29-5635 EMail engelmann@uni-tuebingen.de

*time flies like an arrow
but fruit flies like a banana*