List:       lyx-docs
Subject:    Re: [announce]  german description of LyX-mathed is available
From:       Uwe_Stöhr <uwestoehr () web ! de>
Date:       2003-11-30 20:53:03

Christian Ridderström schrieb:

 > I just wanted to let you know, that you can add a link to your
manual, or even upload it, to this page at the LyX wiki site:

 >     http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/LyX/Manuals
 >
 > The instructions/tips on how to do it are new, i.e. I just added them
and created the page, so if you run into any problems, please let me know...

Hi Chris,
I set a link at this page:
http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/LyX/Manuals

But there are a few problems with your site:

- you can only upload files with a size smaller than 100 kB (my doc has
over 600 kB)

- My doc consists of 12 files so that I need an extra page for them. How
can I create this?

- What is a Wiki? What a Wiki-Wiki? I've never heard that before and the
double name confuses me.

- The idea of a tips'n'tricks page for LyX sounds good, therefore your
site should be linked at the first page of http://www.lyx.org . And it
would be fine if you describe the link as "LyX-community" or something
else because , as said above, most of the users don't knew anything
about a wiki.

- Pleeze describe at the opening page http://wiki.lyx.org/ that the user
can edit every page by adding ?action=edit in the browser address-line.
(and upload by adding ?action=upload) It lasts half an hour till I
understood this big advantage of your site.

But at all good work, nice site.

regards Uwe