List:       lyx-docs
Subject:    Re: Translation to Spanish
From:       Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <Jean-Marc.Lasgouttes () inria ! fr>
Date:       2003-11-12 17:20:08

>>>>> "Alejandro" == Alejandro Lorenzo Gallego <ballfire@lycos.es> writes:

Alejandro> Hi there! My name is Alejandro Lorenzo and i am from Spain
Alejandro> i have been using lyx now for three months i have seen that
Alejandro> is a sweet piece of software.

Alejandro> I would like to colaborate to make this program even
Alejandro> better; although i would like to contribute with code, my C
Alejandro> abilities are a bit short, and my c++ is even dimmer....

There are a lot of things that can be done to help LyX besides coding.

Alejandro> So i have though in helping translating LyX to Spanish, and
Alejandro> even maybe start a new translation... Galician (which is
Alejandro> spoken by aproximately 2.7 million people in the northwest
Alejandro> of Spain) but with no much presence in the thechnics
Alejandro> playground.

This is a very good idea... The spanish translation (es.po) is currently
handled by Alfredo Braunstein, and I have just answered to a message
about reviving the catalan translation (ca.po). So it would be fair to
give a nice treatment to Galician too :)

Alejandro> What should i make?

You can probably discuss with Alfredo what the best strategy would be.
Right, Alfredo? ;)

JMarc