List:       lyx-docs
Subject:    Doc reorg "finished"
From:       Mike Ressler <mike.ressler () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2001-08-03 17:31:27

I've committed the reorganized docs to CVS. There is still plenty of
polishing to do, but I think I've moved things around the way I think they
ought to go. Please let me know where you disagree. Key features:

Intro is now really an intro and has been converted to book format to be
consistent with the other manuals. Took the long intro material from the
UG and Tutorial and placed it here as Chapter 1. Chapter 2 is now the
manual convention discussion. Appendix A is how to report inaccuries and
how to join the doc team. I decided to leave that there for now.

Tutorial had its intro shortened.

UG had its intro shortened, and the LaTeX discussion at the end has been
moved to Chapter 2 of Extended. The UG should now be a "How to use LyX
without needing LaTeX" manual.

Extended gained the LaTeX discussion. It is now the "How to do everything
with LyX and lots of ugly LaTeX" manual.

Customization picked up the keybinding chapter of Reference as an
appendix.

Reference is now obsolete. JMarc, can you (or some other developer) remove
the Reference entry from the Help pulldown menu?

Let me know what you think. I'm going on a week's vacation tomorrow, so
you'll have an entire week to prepare poisoned darts to aim in my
direction :-)

Mike

--
Mike Ressler