List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Strings Are Frozen, Formats Getting There...
From:       Richard Kimberly Heck <rikiheck () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-11-06 1:29:32

So no more string changes, unless we run into something really, really bad.

Also, format changes are now in soft freeze, meaning: Unless there is
some serious bug that needs fixing, no more format changes.

I'll be contacting translators shortly, and will plan to release RC1
once we've had updates from most of them. At that point, I'll also
branch 2.4.x so development can continue in master. For now, please
focus on bugs, in so far as you have any time (which I know few of us do
right now).

At some point, we should talk about some way of ensuring (so far as
possible) that 2.5 doesn't take quite so long.

Riki