List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Please implement command nopagebreak in longtable environment
From:       Alexander Schneider <aloalex () gmx ! de>
Date:       2021-07-01 12:55:28

Dear Lyx programmers,

I would like to ask you to offer users of Lyx the option to implement
the nopagebreak command in the longtable environment. Sometimes a
longtable does an automatic page break right after the header, i.e.,
after row 1. It would be nice to tell Lyx directly that a longtable
allows automatic page breaks only from row X. Currently, users are able
to force page breaks at specific rows (Lyx adds the command \newpage in
the source code), but they are not able to prevent page breaks. To
prevent page breaks, Lyx might add \nopagebreak either to the selected
row, row X, or to all rows until row X in the source code.

I hope my suggestion is worthy to be implemented and not too
time-consuming to implement.

Best regards,

Alexander Singer

PS: Thank you for the excellent text typesetting program.