List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: [LyX/master] Allow compiling with Qt6
From:       Enrico Forestieri <forenr () lyx ! org>
Date:       2021-03-16 9:44:13

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 10:52:19PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> Are there still QRegExp that need to be changed? I got an error from
> src/support/qstring_helpers.cpp.

I actually don't know. Let me explain. There should be a compatibility
layer for using Qt5 constructs, so I didn't search for all occurrences
of QRegExp's but only changed the places where I was getting compiling
errors. The code in qstring_helpers.cpp compiled without issues for me
on both Linux and Windows, and thus I did not touch it.
What kind of error are you getting?

> Also, why use
>
>   #include <QtCore5Compat/QRegExp>
>
> in CategorizedCombo.cpp, but not other places?

Because it was the only place where I had to explicitly include it.

--
Enrico