List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: LaTeX3 Error: Backend request inconsistent with engine: using 'pdfmode'
From:       Scott Kostyshak <skostysh () lyx ! org>
Date:       2020-10-31 1:31:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 12:38:23AM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 05:49:22PM +0100, Kornel Benko wrote:
> > Am Sun, 23 Feb 2020 16:28:19 -0000 (UTC)
> > schrieb Guenter Milde <milde@users.sf.net>:

> > > This looks to me like a different problem. We should invert or ignore the
> > > "LuaTeX with tex fonts" export (Foils is a rather old package and LuaTeX
> > > with 8-bit fonts is not supported by many packages and also seldom used.)
> > >
> > > How about PDF (pdflatex)?
> > >
> > > Günter
> > >
> > This works.
> > BTW, changing the document language from French to English makes the doc \
> > compilable too. I tried to create an mwe. The error comes as soon as
> > 1.) Doc-class FoilTeX
> > 2.) Doc-param empty (no dvips, (with dvips has other errors))
> > 3.) Doc-lang French
> > 4.) tex-fonts
> > 5.) output pdf (luatex)
> > 6.) ANY text in Title
> >
> > 	Kornel
>
> What did we decide to do on this? I think we found an improvement
> (remove "auto") for the English doc, but then we started trying to
> figure out the French issue, which is different, and we did not make any
> change in the end.
>
> Should we remove "dvips" from the custom class option? What exactly
> should the "Graphics driver" combo box be set to? I do not see "auto".
> Should it be set to "Default"?

For now I have specified the default output format to be PDF (ps2pdf). If we remove \
the dvips from the custom class option, we should change the default output format. \
In that case we should also add a note that with XeLaTeX and LuaTeX pages which \
should be rotated are not rotated. I just checked that this still happens on updated \
TL20 (at least with XeLaTeX).

Scott