List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    =?utf-8?Q?Re=3A_Could_not_find_LaTeX_command_for_character_=27?= =?utf-8?Q?=E2=8C=83=27_=28code_poin
From:       Stephan Witt <st.witt () gmx ! net>
Date:       2019-02-26 21:34:35

Am 25.02.2019 um 10:31 schrieb Kornel Benko <kornel@lyx.org>:

> Yes. But the log is very lengthy.
> The primary log-file is in the build-dir under
> Testing/Temporary/LastTest.log
>
> But I suggest you prepare yourself to use 'ctest' directly.
> Step 1: prepare tests for lyx to use external programs (needed only the firs time)
> 	$ cd build-dir
> 	$ perl ./prefTest.pl test
> Step 2: check only a subgroup of tests (using 8 cores)
> 	$ ctest -R '_texF$' -j8
> Step 3: Retest only 1 failed test
> 	$ ctest -R 'export/examples/de/serienbrief3_dvi'
> Step 4: check the logfile
> 	$ edit Testing/Temporary/LastTest.log
>
> In case you need the latex output:
> Step 3a: (in csh syntax, else use 'export')
> 	$ setenv LYX_DEBUG_LATEX 1
> 	$ ctest -R 'export/examples/de/serienbrief3_dvi'
>
> 	Kornel

Ok, I'm getting more familiar with these things.

I've new questions now:

1. The tests are running really slow - most of the time they do a reconfigure… is \
it possible to avoid it? 2. Because of the reconfiguring - are you sure, the tests \
can be run in parallel? Here they're failing occasionally with an error about missing \
text classes. 3. The tests pollutes the source directory with converted images from \
svgz to pdf… is it possible to avoid it?

Stephan=