List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Crashes & selection bug in split view
From:       Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgouttes () lyx ! org>
Date:       2018-10-23 23:15:06

Le 21/10/2018 à 09:18, Andrew Parsloe a écrit  :
> Since updating to 2.3.1-1 (on windows 7) I am getting sporadic but
> recurrent crashes -- about 4 now. The message is always

I do not see the crash, but I can confirm that when the workarea is
split (horizontally or vertically) and one is editing in the second
workarea, the display is not updated properly. I have _no_ idea of what
is going on, but this can definitely lead to crashes in some cases.

If anybody has an idea on why editing is OK in first split but not in
second one, please tell me! The situation is not the same when the same
file is open in two windows AFAICS. Very very weird.

> Perhaps it is also relevant that when the view is split into left and
> right panes, the cursor is placed at the start of the document in the
> right pane, not at its current position in the left pane.

I do not think this is relevant. But indeed this should be fixed. I am
not sure how easy it is, though.

> PS. The emergency save mechanism has been a lifesaver.

This is why we release buggy LyX versions :)