List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Deprecated calls in os_unix.cpp
From:       Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgouttes () lyx ! org>
Date:       2018-09-28 13:52:17

Le 25/09/2018 à 17:20, Stephan Witt a écrit  :
> Am 25.09.2018 um 17:11 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller <spitz@lyx.org>:
>>
>> Am Freitag, den 21.09.2018, 15:58 +0200 schrieb pdv:
>>> Enclosed is a patch replacing two calls in os_unix.cpp which have
>>> been
>>> deprecated since MacOS 10.10.
>>
>> Again, I cannot comment on the patch. Opinions anyone?
>
> I'm unsure. Applying the patch results in a binary for 10.10 and better only.
> I think it has to be discussed if we drop support for elder systems or not.
> At the moment (2.3.x) we require 10.10 for 64-bit LyX anyway. But in theory
> one can build it for 32-bit for elder systems. On the other hand, I'm sure
> nobody has tried it for a long time (not me at least).

macOS 10.10 means most machines newer than 2007 or 2009
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS_X_Yosemite#System_requirements

I have a couple of macbook pro at home that might be this old, but even
these are probably admissible.

You could also protect the patch with some #ifdef so that it is still
possible for a motivated old timer to compile on the older platforms.

JMarc