List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: are pocheck.pl warnings useful?
From:       Jean-Pierre_Chrétien <jeanpierre.chretien () free ! fr>
Date:       2017-08-31 7:16:15

Le 31/08/2017 à 07:06, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> Does pocheck.pl provide useful warnings?
>
> For example, with
>
>      ./pocheck.pl de.po
>
> I get:
>
> [cut]
> Bad Qt shortcuts: 7
> Bad menu shortcuts: 20
> Bad spaces: 8
> Bad colons: 7
> Bad periods: 77
> Inconsistent translations: 59
> Total warnings: 178

Sure
Bad shortcuts: useful to detect missing shortcuts (may be needed to avoid
                conflicts, just a reminder then)
Bad spaces: will not happen anymore but for really untranslated ending spaces
             in LabelString fields once #10723 is resolved (but there are other
             instances)
Bad colons: useful to detect untranslated colons
Bad periods: numerous because currently the messages are not consistent w.r.t
              ending colons (in French also, I added some when I felt it needed)
Inconsistent translations: reminders mostly, note that pocheck.pl should be made
                            case insensitive, as e.g.

Different translations for 'undefined':
Line 32811: 'undefined' => 'indéfini'
Line 15669: 'UNDEFINED' => 'INDÉFINI'

does not need to appear as a warning. I will give a try when I have some time (I
used to be fluent in Perl).

--
Jean-Pierre