List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Trouble using IEEE Transaction
From:       "Paul A. Rubin" <parubin73 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-04-30 0:17:11

On 04/28/2017 10:58 AM, Muhammad asif raza wrote:
> Hello LyX development team,
>
> I recently started using LyX for writing Tex documents and I
> personally like LyX for various reasons like productivity, appearance,
> feel, writing style etc.
>
> While recently I was writing my paper for IEEE Transaction using IEEE
> Transaction template provided in LyX but I could not find
> "Acknowledgement" section which is usually in the end of first column
> in the first page of IEEE Transaction papers. It contains basic
> information about authors like their affiliations.
> For example, in the attached I highlight the part which I meant to.
> I need to ask you how can I add such information in my paper. I try on
> various forums in the internet but no where my issue is resolved.
>
> Thanks,
> raza
The IEEEtran class does not seem to do anything special with
acknowledgments. I grepped the class file for 'acknowledg' and found
nothing. If you look at any of the four LyX templates for IEEE papers,
they all have a Section* near the end titled "Acknowlegment" (which you
might want to change to "Acknowledgment"). According to page 16 of the
class HOWTO document (whose first page is in your attachment), that is
the correct way to handle it. (Note that, as described there, you may
want to add a LaTeX command to have the acknowledgments section included
in the table of contents.)

Paul