List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Reverse search: automatically focus LyX window?
From:       Scott Kostyshak <skostysh () lyx ! org>
Date:       2016-07-31 5:18:13

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 05:21:31PM -0400, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> I am just starting to use forward/reverse search. Things are working
> well and I enjoy the feature.
>
> One thing that surprised me is that in Okular when I do a shift+click it
> correctly sets the location in LyX but it does not take me to the LyX
> window. My first reaction was that it is up to Okular whether this
> should be done, but then I realized only lyxclient has the information
> to decide this.
>
> Is this the same behavior for others?
> Is there a way to have lyxclient focus the LyX window?

Guillaume pointed me towards
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10196

I am interested in working on the ticket if we agree on what should
happen.

I think it is understandable that lyxclient does not by default raise
the LyX window. But I think it should be easy to configure it to do so
when desired:

- Should this be done with a new option to lyxclient?
- Should it be the default for lyxclient -g?
- Should we implement an LFUN and thus can call with lyxclient -c?

Scott