List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Return + Return in nested environments
From:       Andrew Parsloe <aparsloe () clear ! net ! nz>
Date:       2016-07-25 3:26:51

In nested environments, pressing Return twice decreases the nesting
depth by 1 but does not return you to the nest*ing* environment. You
remain in the nest*ed* environment. This doesn't feel intuitive to me. I
expect to be deposited in the environment of the higher level. Given

Environment1
   Environment2
Environment1

where E2 is nested in E1, pressing Return twice at the end of E2 gives

Environment1
   Environment2
Environment2
Environment1

My (naive?) expectation is

Environment1
   Environment2
Environment1
Environment1

Having read (skimmed) the relevant passages of the User's Guide, I'm
aware ofAlt+P Shift+Return, which gives exact control of this situation
for two levels of nesting, but it still leave some difficulties if the
nesting occurs to higher levels (how do you get from E3 to E2?).

Andrew

---