List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Questions for Uwe once you are back
From:       Uwe_Stöhr <uwestoehr () web ! de>
Date:       2016-01-20 23:30:26

Am 19.01.2016 um 23:31 schrieb Peter Kümmel:

> setting LYX_BUILD could be done at any time.
>
> And each run ensures LYX_BUILD exists, then removed LYX_BUILD and then
> creates it again:
>
> mkdir %LYX_BUILD%
> rmdir /s/q %LYX_BUILD%
> mkdir %LYX_BUILD%
>
> So  LYX_BUILD is always empty at the beginning.

OK, that this went wrong was due to my write restrictions I set for my
Git folder as I wrote. It works now.

Besides this, using your script I see many missing files:

-- Building with USE_HUNSPELL
-- Looking for sys/types.h
-- Looking for sys/types.h - found
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - found
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h - found
-- Check size of ptrdiff_t
-- Check size of ptrdiff_t - done
-- Check size of sig_atomic_t
-- Check size of sig_atomic_t - done
-- Check size of size_t
-- Check size of size_t - done
-- Check size of wchar_t
-- Check size of wchar_t - done
-- Check size of wint_t
-- Check size of wint_t - done
-- Check size of long long int
-- Check size of long long int - done
-- Check size of unsigned long long int
-- Check size of unsigned long long int - done
-- Check size of _Bool
-- Check size of _Bool - failed
-- Looking for include file alloca.h
-- Looking for include file alloca.h - not found
-- Looking for include file dlfcn.h
-- Looking for include file dlfcn.h - not found
-- Looking for include file inttypes.h
-- Looking for include file inttypes.h - not found
-- Looking for include file mach-o/dyld.h
-- Looking for include file mach-o/dyld.h - not found
-- Looking for include file memory.h
-- Looking for include file memory.h - found
-- Looking for include file search.h
-- Looking for include file search.h - found
-- Looking for include file stdlib.h
-- Looking for include file stdlib.h - found
-- Looking for include file strings.h
-- Looking for include file strings.h - not found
-- Looking for include file string.h
-- Looking for include file string.h - found
-- Looking for include file sys/bitypes.h
-- Looking for include file sys/bitypes.h - not found
-- Looking for include file sys/inttypes.h
-- Looking for include file sys/inttypes.h - not found
-- Looking for include file sys/param.h
-- Looking for include file sys/param.h - not found
-- Looking for include file sys/socket.h
-- Looking for include file sys/socket.h - not found
-- Looking for include file sys/stat.h
-- Looking for include file sys/stat.h - found
-- Looking for include file sys/time.h
-- Looking for include file sys/time.h - not found
-- Looking for include file unistd.h
-- Looking for include file unistd.h - not found...

Am I doing something wrong?

>> Could you nevertheless please look at the CMake bugs:
>> http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9927
>> so that others won't have the same problems as I had?
>
> You mean, these flags should be automatically enabled by cmake without
> the need to pass them as argument when calling cmake?

Yes.
And and the bug with CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX should be fixed. This cost me
several hours until I figured it out.

many thanks and best regards
Uwe