List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] - GIT - version control for LyX documents not detected
From:       Pavel Sanda <sanda () lyx ! org>
Date:       2016-01-18 22:25:03

Stephan Witt wrote:
> The attached patch fixes the broken detection of GIT version control.
> It seems so that Qt is caching the file meta data and fools the test
> of file emptiness. Perhaps this has changed with Qt5 and didn???t happen
> with Qt4???

Bad news, if your analysis is correct, we might encounter the same problem
in other parts of the code as well. I don't have easy access to qt5 to test.

Quick check says we use is FileEmpty also in:
Buffer.cpp:               enable = (d->preview_file_).exists() && !(d->preview_file_).isFileEmpty();
LaTeX.cpp:        rerun = idxfile.exists() && idxfile.isFileEmpty();
LaTeX.cpp:        if (head.haschanged(nlofile) || (nlofile.exists() && nlofile.isFileEmpty()))

Pavel