List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Windows: release with Qt 5.5.1 or 5.6?
From:       Uwe_Stöhr <uwestoehr () web ! de>
Date:       2016-01-18 0:32:15

Am 16.01.2016 um 16:58 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:

> Uwe, I know you do not have much time but are you willing to make both
> installers? It seems there is help available for both the MSVC and mingw
> if you get stuck.

To repeat, the installer is completely independent of the compiler! So
if you fear bugs in the installer, it is there, no matter how LyX was built.

As I wrote, I have a very well tested installer ready and won't invest
another week to dive into the compiler business. it is also not
necessary to release a beta. LyX 2.2 is very stable in my experience and
it is sufficient that users use it and give us feedback.

Please push beta1 right now.

regards Uwe