List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] My first LFUN
From:       Richard Heck <rgheck () lyx ! org>
Date:       2015-12-21 3:11:29

On 12/20/2015 06:12 PM, Guillaume Munch wrote:
> Le 20/12/2015 22:42, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
>> Le 17/12/2015 01:36, Guillaume Munch a écrit :
>>> Here's a version with tabular-feature instead of table-modify (and no
>>> change to Shortcuts.lyx given that the docs are now frozen).
>>
>> A few comments on patches (not all of them for you):
>> * you still handle inset-modify tabular for documents and of binding
>> files, right?
>
> I am not sure to understand the question. "Inset-modify tabular" still
> exists for the tabular dialog. It does not make much sense to use it for
> binding files and documentation for the commands used currently.

The problem is that people may have customized bind and ui files that use
"inset-modify tabular". JMarc's question is: Will those commands still work
after your patch?

>> * does the lfun2lfun update require a new version for our ui/bind files?

The answer to this question thus partly depends upon the answer to the
former
one. If the old "inset-modify tabular" commands no longer work, then we
need a
format change of the ui and bind files. Indeed, one might think we
should have a
format change anyway, since the old syntax might now be regarded as
deprecated.

>> Richard, how difficult would it be to use lf2lfun in lyx2lyx to
>> translate
>> info insets? We do not really know what version of lfuns we have in lyx
>> files, do we?
>
> I planned to change everything with S&R when the docs are returned before
> release. Do you think we need a permanent conversion?

Note that this is now kind of the same question, but concerning the
docs. In this
case, I'm inclined to think that what we need is a format change of the
LyX files.
(In answer to JMarc: Since there's no mapping from LyX formats to LFUN
formats,
we can't use prefs2prefs to fix this.)

If that seems weird: Sometimes format changes aren't really format changes.
Rather, they are like hooks that force lyx2lyx to be run. In this case,
the plan
would be to search for uses of "inset-modify tabular" within InsetInfo and
replace them with the corresponding case of "tabular-modify". Here
again, the
problem is that someone might have used "inset-modify tabular" in their own
files, with InsetInfo. Think e.g. of someone who might have made a set
of LyX
teaching manuals for use in their own group.

Richard