Using bcp from older boost releases also works, so the one from your package manager should be enough.
Peter

Am 1. November 2015 17:42:51 MEZ, schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn <vfr@lyx.org>:
On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Scott Kostyshak <skostysh@lyx.org> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 11:08:51PM +0100, Peter Kümmel wrote:
Am 25.10.2015 um 06:19 schrieb Scott Kostyshak:
On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 06:13:03PM +0200, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:

I have it documented somewhere. Should I put it in development.lyx ?

If you are able to find it easily then I would say yes, please do. Even
though Peter already did the update it could be useful in the future.

Scott

Just call in boost extract.sh with the path to the new boot version,
then "git add --all", commit. That's it.

Thanks, Peter. It is good to know it is so straightforward.

Scott

It's only that simple if you have installed the bcp utility.

I have made a script that automatically downloads the latest boost,
unpacks the tar, compiles bcp, and uses it when running the extract
script. I'll share it later.

Vincent