On 28.04.2014 22:31, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote: > On 28/04/14 07:15, Peter Kümmel wrote: >> When designing the transfer protocol you should >> evaluate Google's Protocol Buffers: >> >> https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/overview >> >> Would guarantee a clean interface to the outer world. And you >> don't have to think about parsing incoming bytes. > > this reminded my of CORBA: we could use it to have seamless invocations > among remote instances of LyX, couldn't we :-) ? To ride a more recent wave, we should use websockets/json, then a webfrontent would be possible, and we would be more attractive for the javascript people. And then sometimes lyx could switch from C++ to javascript ;) Peter > > LyX seems to already have its own way to serialize LFUNs, but I guess we'll > have to serialize more, and specifically DocIterator(s)... > > T. > >