List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Request For GSoC Application Review
From:       Cyrille Artho <c.artho () aist ! go ! jp>
Date:       2013-04-30 0:35:20

Dear Mridul,
Thank you for your application proposal draft.

You have some interesting ideas, but overall the scope of very vague. Some
of the goals are extremely ambitious (3 D graphs, transitions), unless you
are relying on other applications to generate that content. (In fact, LyX
always includes images as files generated by other applications.)

In particular, can you provide a clearer outline of the first things you
would like to add to the editor to make the creation of presentations
easier? For more advanced features (backgrounds, buttons to launch
third-party apps etc.), are you familiar with the LaTeX/PDF features that
are need to make that happen? Do you have an idea which package(s) you
would like to include/support to implement the features of your choice?

Also, a mock-up of the basic vision you have for the editor would be useful
for us to see your plans more clearly.

--
Regards,
Cyrille Artho - http://artho.com/