List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for scrolling issue - LyXscrollpatch20130302.diff (1/1)
From:       pdv <pdvisschere () edpnet ! be>
Date:       2013-03-29 19:52:36

In article <51506C02.8040108@lyx.org>,
 Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <lasgouttes@lyx.org> wrote:

> Le 25/03/2013 16:15, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
> > In case you are interested in working more on this coe, here are a few
> > remarks:
>
> And another one:
>
> * How come you do not touch TextMetrics::rowBreakPoint?
>
> Actually, my plan was to build in rowBreakPoint a description of the Row
> as a list of fragments abd their size. This list could then be directly
> used by ColumnX and friends.
>

> > * be careful about indentation: use tab characters, and in general use
> > the same coding style as the rest of the
> >
> > * the tests for arabic/hebrew are not needed. What you want is a test
> > for Language::rightToLeft(), I think.
> >
> > * there seem to be a lot of common code between CursorX() and
> > getColumnNearX(). It should be factored.
> >
> > * in general the code used should be the same as the one that selects
> > strings to paint in the row painter. Less code, less bugs.
> >
> > I have not yet tried this code out, but it compiles fine with latest trunk.
> >
> > JMarc

I didn't know about rowBreakPoint().
At some point I thought about keeping a list of positions, but discarded
the idea somehow. Even with this new code the scrolling is still not
ideal, so anything that could save some more time could be useful.
I'll take a look at rowBreakPoint().

Regards,

P. De Visschere