List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] New beamer frames / conversion
From:       Jürgen_Spitzmüller <spitz () lyx ! org>
Date:       2012-12-31 12:02:52

Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Richard, I propose to commit the new layouts, while leaving the old ones in
> --  marked as deprecated (see attachment). This allows you or José to
> fiddle with conversion, while current beamer documents continue to work for
> the time being. The only drawback is that the new layouts cannot be
> backported yet.
>
> I would do that without a file format change and do the change when the
> lyx2lyx routines are ready. Until then, the new layouts are "experimental"
> (and so the old ones used until then are also converted).

I pushed the new layouts to trunk, with a file format change and sort-of
working reversion routines. The old layouts are still there, and once we have
conversion routines, we should ditch them and increase the file format once
more.

In general the beamer reversion still has rough edges which need to be
polished.

Jürgen