List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: [DECISION] final layout patches for branch
From:       Jürgen_Spitzmüller <spitz () lyx ! org>
Date:       2012-12-29 9:42:23

Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Once again my patch does not break the compilation of existing
> documents!!! It adds styles necessary to fulfill the submission
> guidelines for ACM papers and conferences.

If a document produced with LyX 2.0.6 does not compile or produces wrong
result on LyX 2.0.5, the file format is broken. This happens if you introduce
new layouts.

> If you use the new styles or not is of course your decision!

So you want colloborating users to check which layouts their respective LyX
version provides? I would not call such an application reliable.

Jürgen