List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: An idea on improving the literate programming support
From:       Liviu Andronic <landronimirc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-12-25 18:13:42

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Yihui Xie <xie@yihui.name> wrote:
> If the only goal is to edit R code externally, it is already possible
> with knitr: http://yihui.name/knitr/demo/externalization/

I've tested this and the feature seems very useful (in a way, exactly
what I was looking for), but not immediately obvious for a new user.
Would you consider including a point on this in the Help Manuals >
Knitr? Perhaps even show off an example of external code in this
document?

> And a general solution of sending program code to the terminal might
> be more useful.

But then I'm not sure that I understand what is the difference between
your original idea and my half-baked proposal. It seems to me that
such functionality would cover "sending program code to the terminal"
in a more general way.

Cheers
Liviu