List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    configure.py problem
From:       "Leslie P. Polzer" <sky () viridian-project ! de>
Date:       2012-06-14 7:42:16

I'm using ArchLinux with LyX 2.0.3.

Some months ago I started experiencing problems with LyX.

It wouldn't find my CLS files, though kpsewhich would
pick them up just fine.

A handful of people around the net seemed to have similar
problems, but no solution that worked for me was presented.

So yesterday I took it upon myself to hunt down the cause
of this. Here's what I found:

configure.py (processLayoutFile) has this line:

  avai = {'LaTeX':'false', 'DocBook':bool_docbook}[classtype]

Apparently it always sets the second data item to false for
LaTeX CLS files.

In the LyX source this is picked up by the layout file reader
which later leads to the "CLS not found" warning in the
buffered file code.

Setting the "false" above to "true" solved the problem for
me.

So what's the issue here? Do I have some special kink in my
system?

  Leslie