List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: trunk regression
From:       Richard Heck <rgheck () comcast ! net>
Date:       2012-05-31 13:23:07

On 05/31/2012 12:58 AM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> [...]
Not trying to be touchy, but it's very hard to see how the mentioned
commit could cause this. The only thing it affects is the LaTeX output
(nice file or not nice file), in certain cases. That said, you are
getting different LaTeX output in the two cases, which is surprising.
Did you add the "nice" flag somewhere? Or was one of these exported
rather than taken from the temporary directory?

> When viewing as pdf (pdflatex), there are different terminal outputs
> and different .tex files produced. The files from the temporary
> directories are attached. The post-288c1 commit .log is empty and the
> .aux is empty where the pre-288c1 .log is normal and there is no .aux
> file.

The empty file is probably due to something's not being closed.

Are you compiling with some special flag? Compilation would normally be
in the background, right?

One suggestion would be to run this with -dbg latex, and see if that
shows any difference.

Richard