List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Towards beta3 and beyond
From:       Uwe Stöhr <uwestoehr () web ! de>
Date:       2010-12-23 1:31:22

 >> That's why I think more people should be involved so that Uwe, myself and maybe \
some others  >> will at least be reasonable familiar with the code.

 > I want to get familiar with the code. It would be nice if I could brew the \
installers as well.  > So, if you will explain what is necessary and what to update, \
I'm sure I must be able to do it  > without spending much time on it.

I don't know if you have a strong opinion, but I think you should also give my \
installer a try. Some  time ago Christian Ridderström reviewed its source code and \
as result I think it is well documented.  It will be possible to implement the new \
features like hunspell and native application also with my  installer.

Here is an overview about the installer structure:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyx-devel/trunk/development/Win32/packaging/AltInstaller/informations/InstallerStructure.pdf

In all files in (nsh/nsi files are textfiles)
http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyx-devel/trunk/development/Win32/packaging/AltInstaller
 I documented what every routine does and why, which libraries are used and where \
they are located.

With the script
http://www.lyx.org/trac/browser/lyx-devel/trunk/development/Win32/packaging/AltInstaller/Build-all.nsi
 you can compile all 3 installer variants at once with one click. All you need is to \
                have
- NSIS installed
- the source code archive you find at my Berlios project page:
- copy the 3 files from this archive to NSIS's DLL folder
   - FindProcDLL.dll
   - InetLoad.dll
   - Console.dll

If you don't like things in my installer, I'll answer everything you want to know so \
that you can  modify the installer as you like. Everybody is free to make changes to \
the installers via SVN!

No matter what are you plans are, but at least give it a try by looking at the code. \
(I'm curious  about your opinion.)

regards Uwe