List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Official submission of eLyXer for inclusion in LyX
From:       rgheck <rgheck () bobjweil ! com>
Date:       2009-04-29 14:31:01

Pavel Sanda wrote:
>>   - accurate and complete math translation,
>>

> can you be more specific about this point? is it that some expressions
> are typeset with bugs? is there some way how user would detect this, or avoid
> it by eg switching to math material to be externally typesetted by latex
> and then included as images like latex2html do?

So far as I can see, math is almost untranslated at this point. (I just
cloned from git.) Theorem-type environments do not get converted,
either. There's more on this in a different message.

I don't want to be a party-pooper, but under these circumstances I can't
agree that eLyXer is "ready for prime time".

rh