List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Official submission of eLyXer for inclusion in LyX
From:       Pavel Sanda <sanda () lyx ! org>
Date:       2009-04-29 7:55:44

Alex Fernandez wrote:
> So, after a couple of months of development, eLyXer is now ready for
> prime time!

congratulations :)

>   - accurate and complete math translation,

can you be more specific about this point? is it that some expressions
are typeset with bugs? is there some way how user would detect this, or avoid
it by eg switching to math material to be externally typesetted by latex
and then included as images like latex2html do?

> What would integration with LyX mean for eLyXer? For one, people are
> already using it from within LyX

adding elyxer recognition in lyx as third party tool is trivial and
we can do it right now.

>   http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg148941.html
> so it would mean that a certain version of eLyXer will be distributed
> along with LyX so that it can be used as HTML exporter.

i see gpl-3 there. i'm not expertin this area, but if the code is included
it would be better to have common license with the rest of the code, ie gpl-2
now.

>If accepted I
> will do my best to support it, updating the tool for any future LyX
> file format changes and adding functionality as needed.

imho the will to maintain such module is the crucial part, and if
you plan the support, the integration with lyx would be better - linux
distros/users wouldn't need to take care some next package...
but be warned ... :) it may happen in the near future the lyx format
will switch to xml and and dont know how well is your code written
to bypass such a switch...

pavel