List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Bug Tracker link on www.lyx.org not working
From:       Guenter Milde <milde () users ! berlios ! de>
Date:       2009-03-30 14:01:55

Dear developers,

as I skim the lyx-devel list, I know that there is a server migration and
problems with migrating bugzilla. I also seem to understand that there is
no final decision on whether to re-establish bugzilla.lyx.org or to move
to trac.

However, when I go to www.lyx.org and click the "Bug Tracker" link in the
sidebar, I see::

  Software error:

  Bugzilla is currently broken. Please try again later. If the problem
  persists, please contact [...]. The error you should quote
  is: Access denied for user 'bugs'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
  globals.pl line 140.

  For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([...]), giving
  this error message and the time and date of the error.

To me this looks like: "try again in 2 hours, hopefully everything will
be back to normal then".  Also, I believe given the state of affairs
there is little the given contact person can do.

Would it make sense to redirect users to trac? At least a somewhat more
specific and helpful error page would be nice.

Günter