On 2009-03-07, rgheck wrote: > José Matos wrote: >> On Friday 06 March 2009 13:57:34 Guenter Milde wrote: >> This would be moot if the paragraph had some kind of special markup, like: >> \begin{standard} >> ... >> \end{standard} >> or even >> \standard{...} if you prefer. Thinking about it, I found that LaTeX already has this. You can write a three-paragraph document as: \documentclass{article} \begin{document} \section{heading} \par{first paragraph}\par{second paragraph}\par{a last long paragraph} \end{document} The empty line is just an alias for improved readability. (And I would like LyX to continue using it in LaTeX output.) >> That would allow to leave space for new declarations outside of >> paragraphs, or for placing a float without affecting near paragraphs. > I think this is all the more true of \section, which is really an > environment, in the sense that it has a defined beginning AND END. Sorry, I cannot follow here: using the term environment for an object that cannot be written in \begin{section} ... \end{section} form is misleading. And every object (be it inline or box object) has a defined beginning and end. Only command switches (like \bfseries or \appendix) have no end. > I can well imagine a system under which sections, and other document > divisions, were insets, and.... Yes, it is feasible to use insets for all objects. But I am not sure wheter it is wise. Günter