This is exactly what I would like to implement. Very similar to the way which Semantik (which was KDissert) works. Once the data container is worked out, it should be relatively easy to implement additional views. It is merely a visual representation of the same data. My biggest questions of the moments are, where should this data live? I also think that the other questions of, should the comments be included in the text? I'm of two minds, I can certainly think of cases where it can be valuable. Thoughts? Cheers, Rob Oakes ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eran Kaplinsky" To: lyx-devel@oak-tree.us, lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org Sent: Friday, March 6, 2009 11:32:44 AM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain Subject: Re: LyX Outliner and Corkboard - Feature Proposal Ideally, the tool for organizing one's ideas before and during writing, would enable the user to choose between an outline mode and a mind map mode. Mind mapping tools such as xmind allow you to drag and drop your various topics/concepts in order to modify their order and hierarchy on the fly. Link the topics/concepts to blocks of text, and you have the perfect writer's tool. Eran