List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: LyX Outliner and Corkboard - Feature Proposal
From:       José_Matos <jamatos () fc ! up ! pt>
Date:       2009-03-06 19:10:55

On Friday 06 March 2009 13:57:34 Guenter Milde wrote:
> But it really is:
>
>  like a footnote, the float definition can be inside a
>  paragraph while the output is moved to a different place by the tex
>  engine.
>
> You can even see the difference:
>
> * when you put the float inset into its own paragraph, the following
>   text is indented (or separated by vspace), as it starts a new paragraph.

I would argue that this is a limitation/bug of latex. Really.

This would be moot if the paragraph had some kind of special markup, like:

\begin{standard}
\end{standard}

or even

\standard{...} if you prefer.

That would allow to leave space for new declarations outside of paragraphs, or
for placing a float without affecting near paragraphs.

--
José Abílio