List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    The tex4ht changes: please test!
From:       Jürgen_Spitzmüller <juergen () spitzmueller ! org>
Date:       2008-10-19 14:24:08

It turned out that finding a one-for-all command that fits all OSes and LaTeX
distributions is not so easy:

* the oolatex helper script is not included in the stock tex4ht distribution
(it has to be generated by the user), and it is not included in some major
LaTeX distributions (such as TeXLive and at least some older versions of
MacOSX-TeX). Also, the tex4ht documentation indicates that calling mk4ht is
the default, recommended way.

* OTOH, MikTeX seems to rely on oolatex, at least unless Pearl is installed

* Furthermore, some older distributions had problems with the oolatex script,
even if it was available.

I think what we have in trunk now is the best compromise. However, before
using that in branch, I'd like to get some testing on as many different OSes
and LaTeX distributions as possible.

So please Edit->Reconfigure and report back.

Thanks,
Jürgen