List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Outline more persistent
From:       Pavel Sanda <sanda () lyx ! org>
Date:       2008-10-02 12:53:20

leuven edwin wrote:
> > would be good
> > uncollapsed state'
>
> just a last clarifying question: when would one like to uncheck this checkbox?

when you want to hold the current toc behaviour. Typical example is normal writing or
quick moving through the text - outliner gives you the info about the context around,
when you move out of the current section it gets collapsed and new section structure
is uncollapsed. this keeps the depth of your document set according to the slider.

you want to check this box on a different use case - you have more points in the doument
you need want switch often - its little bit like the bookmarks, but it gives you
clearer insight of the structure and from my experience better to work with.

pavel