List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Outline more persistent
From:       Abdelrazak Younes <younes () lyx ! org>
Date:       2008-09-30 12:41:04

On 30/09/2008 14:28, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>
>> I just checked and there is only one reset of TocModels. I guess you are
>> talking about the individual TocModel reset? Of course, there is as much
>> reset as there are models.
>>

> which triggers one more question - is it needed to rebuild all individual
> tocmodel when only one is shown? this could improve the performance too.

Not really, what is time consuming is the TocBackend updating, not the
TocModels. What would give a performance boost is a merge of the two
classes. This means that TocModels is constructed directly without
passing through TocBackend. But this is too much work for 1.6.

In any case, the slowdown you are experiencing is due to setTreeDetph()
when the detph is set to the maximum. This is a TocWidget issue only,
independently of the TocBackend and TocModels construction.

Abdel.