List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Outline more persistent
From:       Pavel Sanda <sanda () lyx ! org>
Date:       2008-09-30 12:24:27

Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

>>> moving with cursor in maximum slider position is a typical case when this
>>> happens. in fact the maximum slider is for me just the consequence of not
>>> having persistency...
>>
>> OK, there is one use case that is simple to fix: writing in section. At
>> TocBackend Level, only the current TocItem is updated, not the full list.
>> We can do the same by means of a new signal that will trigger an update of
>> only the current ToModel item. This way, the TocModel won't be reset and
>> the tree will not collpase unexpectedly. I can do that later today or
>> tomorrow.
>
> I did that. So for simple text editing I think this is what you wanted,
> please check. This won't work when inset creation/deletion is involved, as
> the same fine tuning needs to be done with insets as with sections.

yes except the inset creation/deletion is that what i have in mind. however
the current state breaks the the usual behaviour - just open userguide
and try to go by pgdn - the items are successively uncolapsed and never get
back when moving out of the chapter - this will annoy other people...
i think this should be governed by some additional checkbox, but as you don't
like it maybe the context menu is the solution?

anyway what you have done is much more elegant than my proposals before.

pavel