List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Outline more persistent
From:       Abdelrazak Younes <younes () lyx ! org>
Date:       2008-09-30 9:01:28

On 30/09/2008 10:54, Pavel Sanda wrote:
> Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>
>> OK I can reproduce a slowdown in debug mode when the slide is set to the
>> maximum.
>>

> moving with cursor in maximum slider position is a typical case when this
> happens. in fact the maximum slider is for me just the consequence of not
> having persistency...

OK, there is one use case that is simple to fix: writing in section. At
TocBackend Level, only the current TocItem is updated, not the full
list. We can do the same by means of a new signal that will trigger an
update of only the current ToModel item. This way, the TocModel won't be
reset and the tree will not collpase unexpectedly. I can do that later
today or tomorrow.

>> One simple solution would
>> be to disable toc update until the tree is completely reconstructed.
>>

> i'm not sure i understand.

I just committed something that should reduce the flashing due to the
tree collapsing and then expanding. Not sure this has any effect on your
platform.

Abdel.