List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Progress on the MS Word to LyX conversion (xml)
From:       Pavel Sanda <sanda () lyx ! org>
Date:       2008-07-24 12:32:33

Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
> Because XML is easy to transform. That is really the *main* reason. For
> example the transformation to TEI will be very, very simple, believe me.

Abdel, you have some practical experience with that? I have been in project,
where more easier xml format was used the we would have and it was pain
to debug those conversion through xslt. From those times all those easy-to-do
transformations between different xml formats become an urban legend to me,
although i understand that one can't make definitive generalization from
one experience...

also that is the reason why i consider those plans that xml-isation will at the
end turn into having some complete lyx<->odf converter, as only theoretical, or say
marketing speech :)

pavel