List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Web access
From:       Enrico Forestieri <forenr () tlc ! unipr ! it>
Date:       2008-06-25 16:08:36

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 02:31:57PM +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
> Enrico Forestieri <forenr@tlc.unipr.it> writes:
>
> > chmod g+w ~sanda/public_html
>
> w???

I was deceived by the fact that you was able to list ~sanda/public_html
(only after writing that, it occurred to me that you used sudo) and thus
the only difference with the Abdel case, f.ex., would have been that bit.
Just after I realized that you was spreading deceiving info :), José
found the real culprit. I don't really know if it is possible to specify
a mask to apache for granting access to a directory, but I think that a
rule on the lines of "only use that if the 'w' bit is set" is not never
heard of.

--
Enrico