List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: 1.6svn userguide bugs
From:       Uwe Stöhr <uwestoehr () web ! de>
Date:       2008-06-21 23:01:24

 > The subsubsection 3.3.6.1 on nesting says that
 > pressing enter will reset the environment depth, and that the user
 > may avoid this using M-enter.
 >
 > That is wrong, it is exactly the opposite. It used to be like this, but
 > LyX has gotten more user-friendly.

Thanks for the report, I fixed this now in the docs.

 > Subsection 3.4.2
 > says that you can't nest section, subsection, etc.
 > This is wrong - just try! Both LyX and LaTeX will nest
 > a subsection inside a list just fine.

I corrected this as well, but added a note bot to do this as this violates common typesetting rules.

 > This may even be useful; people sometimes ask how
 > they can make an enumeration go on in the next subsection
 > without resetting the counter.  Nest the subsection, and this works.

This is not the correct solution and lists may in general go over several section headings. To
section a list you could use several nesting levels and font styles.

Please report further bugs you find in the docs to the lyx-docs mailing list.

regards Uwe