List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Alternative to individual embedding?
From:       "Bo Peng" <ben.bob () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-13 16:21:12

> > Base64 may seem nice because it is text, but if child documents end up
> > being in base64, all the interested of svn is lost, for example.
> >

>  This is non issue IMHO. I really don't think users that use svn should be
> interested in this bundle/embedded business. It's rather the opposite, only
> users that cannot use svn would be interested in this feature.

I use svn but the server is within the institutional firewall so I can
not share the document with co-authors outside of the institution. In
this case, I would embed all external files and send it to my
co-author.

Per the child document issue, I tend to disallow embedding of child
documents. Because the whole point of having child documents is that
users can edit child documents as independent LyX documents, embedding
them in the master document does not make sense to me. Anyway, maybe I
should leave this choice to users.

Bo