Bo Peng wrote: > On the other hand, the file format in my proposal is still plain text. > For many other operations such as search and replace, you do not have > to unzip. I consider this as an advantage. You have got a point. But the mix of text and base64 which is what is done in rtf, if I'm right, messes desktop indexers like strigi > > Good luck if you can get those. As I have mentioned, Richard's > proposal is not friendly to external files. > My proposition would be to add URI for external files. Example : \begin_inset LatexCommand bibtex options "cambridge" bibfiles "Biblio, /home/charles/localbiblio" \end_inset would be \begin_inset LatexCommand bibtex options "cambridge" bibfiles "ftp://charles@mylocalserver/Biblio, file://home/charles/localbiblio" \end_inset The bundler would parse the field and bundle only the file:// items maybe by having a bundle URI something like : bibfiles "ftp://charles@mylocalserver/Biblio, bundle://bibliography/localbiblio" If I understand your workflow, you want to work with a colleague on a Lyx paper where a lot of figures are generated on your computer from an external statistical program. With my proposition, when you (re)generate your figures, you would run a script to copy them on a ftp ; http server common for you and your colleague. I guess that there exist already in KDE some code that build on top of QNetwork a svn, git stack that could be used in LyX in the future if there is a need to add VCS functionalities. Cheers, Charles -- http://www.kde-france.org