List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Trying the full screen mode
From:       Helge Hafting <helge.hafting () aitel ! hist ! no>
Date:       2008-03-05 14:40:21

Charles de Miramon wrote:
> Helge Hafting wrote:
>

>> If F11 switches to fullscreen mode, then surely F11 again
>> should switch back.  The accidental user
>> can then press the same key again - no guessing
>> about other keys.
>>

> Hmm. All applictaions I know have some visual clue to get out of the
> fullscreen mode (look Firefox, MsWord, Konqueror, etc.). Maybe showing a
> passive popup for 5 seconds the first time with the message "To return to
> normal mode, type F11"

5s - ouch. And it won't help if the cat walked across the
unattended laptop to warm its feet.

How about keeping the status line at the bottom, with
"Press F11 to go back.  []Check this box to get rid of this distracting
status line."

And if you ever want the status line back, uncheck the
"[X] hide the status line in full-screen mode" from the GUI preferences
dialog.

Helge Hafting