List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Fragile Frames in beamer
From:       Aleksandar Donev <adonev () Math ! Princeton ! EDU>
Date:       2006-05-03 14:21:04

Hello,

I would like to suggest an improvement to the beamer.layout file: Add
support for fragile frames (like plain, but fragile). These are needed
when including verbatim material or lstlisting code snippets. I tried
to mimic BeginPlainFrame, but it did not work. Somehow I had to use
\begin{frame} and \end{frame} to get lstlisting to work with Beamer,
but I am not a tex expert so I may have done something wrong. I would
appreciate help with it.

Also, the new lyx-1.4 handling of new-lines in the plain-Tex boxes is of
much help, with 1.3.7 I had to use Ctrl-Enter to start new lines of
code. The one complaint I still have is that pasting in code snippets
does not work (at least under my X11)---the new lines do not get pasted
in. I have no fix for this so I have had to manually reformat the code
inside LyX again.

Many thanks and sorry if this is the wrong list to post this to,
Aleksandar

(I am not on lyx-devel, I hope this gets through)

--
Aleksandar Donev