List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: feature request
From:       Abdelrazak Younes <younes.a () free ! fr>
Date:       2006-04-10 11:21:11

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :

>>> setLabel, I am working on that). > This would set the bullet
>>> depending on the depth of the > current paragraph. i don't
>>> understand why anything needs to be 'set' if we are only checking
>>> whether something needs to be done
>
> Abdelrazak> You're right, it is not a simple check. Should probably be
> Abdelrazak> renamed to "trySimpleLabelUpdate". Opinion?
>
> Yes, it would be better. And it would be even better to find a way to
> merge this in updateCounters itself (like have a version of
> updateCounters that uses an extra LCursor parameter).

I thought about that also but in the case of BreakParagraph for example,
we need to check on two ParIterator...

The solution is maybe to offer tree function:
- the check: needsFullLabelUpdate
- the simple update: updateCurrentLabel
- the full update: updateAllLabels

Until we have the auto-update feature.