List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: feature request
From:       Abdelrazak Younes <younes.a () free ! fr>
Date:       2006-04-08 19:44:37

Leuven, E. a écrit :
> > Use needsUpdateCounters. See text2.C for example.
>
> i had a look at it and was wondering about the following
>
> 	case LABEL_ITEMIZE:
> 		setCounter(buf, it);
> 		return false;
>

> what happens in setCounter(,)?

It is misnamed (should be setLabel, I am working on that). This would
set the bullet depending on the depth of the current paragraph.

> if needsUpdateCounters() only *checks* for the type of layout (and whether we need \
> a counter update) nothing should happen here right?

See above.

> am i also right in thinking that i only need to updateCounters if the 2 pars that i \
> am swapping both contain a counter?

Yes you are right but you need nevertheless to call needsUpdateCounters
for ITEMIZE for example.

> so i need to update counters if i swap 2 section headings or move up an enumerate \
> item, but not if i move down a section heading...

Indeed, I would call needsUpdateCounters on both paragraphs in order to
be on the safe side. See how I do it in text.C::BreakParagraph.

> i am therefore wondering: do i need this setCounter() each time when i check \
> whether i need a counter update? and does it interfere with the swapping?

Not sure I understand your question. needsUpdateCounters should give you
enough information wether you need to call updateCounters or not.

Abdel.